I want to discuss the ‘Tuimato’s’ out there. If you read last month’s article, you’ll understand I’m referring to custom homebuilders.
Now, excuse me while I switch from sauce to animal analogies here…
Most of us know Aesop’s lion and mouse fable. Big ‘strong’ lion rescued by small ‘weak’ mouse right? Moral of the story, different creatures have different capabilities – so don’t be fooled by size or perceived ‘strength’. Much like this story, big housing companies can’t do what smaller, bespoke builders can and vice versa. So if you are weighing up your options, here are some benefits of ‘Tuimato’ or ‘Mouse’ builders that you may not have considered:
- Custom means Custom. Our aim is to turn your vision into reality. We have no set menu of designs or schemes to mould your ideas into. We create it together at each step! Bring your inspiration – there is plenty out there, we’ll plan it out together! And we’ll guide you to get the perfect balance between your dream home and your budget – big or small.
- With a custom builder, you’ll experience the ‘same great team from start to finish’ in a more meaningful way. Firms are usually smaller and provide a more personal experience. You’ll most likely be dealing with an owner/operator from first meeting, to site meetings, to handing over the keys.
- Proof in the pudding. Dealing directly with the builder and their team you’ll see, feel and hear about their workmanship from past builds rather than hoping the guys contracted to do your build have the same ethic and competencies.
- Custom builders tend to have strong ties with a few great craftsmen that they trust for each aspect of your home. But we’re happy to work with your architect, interior designer or cousin’s neighbor’s partner who just so happens to get mean deals on carpet etc.
- Great Guarantees! Big companies rely on the same 10 yr LBP Guarantee and independent guarantees that custom builders do. So you know you’ll be getting the same level of cover regardless!
- Job Satisfaction. Custom builders do what they do because they are passionate about their craft. Not many people are lucky enough to do what they love and get paid for it. But I’m a BIG believer that happy people build happy homes, not just houses.
Whether you select a Lion or a Mouse for your next build, remember being informed is the KEY to getting the best out of it! So if you are after a Mouse for your house let’s talk about creating something unique together! Visit us in our showroom at 151 King Street, Pukekohe or in the social sphere www.facebook.com/bosanacbuilders/
Squeak you later!